So you have just created a blog or website and now wondering how to submit my website to google? Well you are thinking great as it is very important to submit your new website or blog to google in order to appear in search results. Though google and other search engines automatically index new websites, I would still suggest you submit website to search engines, primarily google, as soon as you finish creating your new website. This is a simple and easy process I have explained in this guide for you.
Google ranks top among all the search engines over the internet. Search engines retrieve a collection of relevant results based upon user’s query. These results are retrieved on the basis of different factors some of which include domain authority, page rank, backlinks, etc. If you have created a website for your business and you are not concerned with search engine optimization, you can simply submit your website here and you are done.
However, if you have created a website or blog and want to keep an eye on insights like search analytics, search traffic, etc., you must sign up for google webmaster tools. This will allow you to submit your pages manually, understand how your site is performing for various keywords, and submit sitemap to google.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Submit My Website to Google
In order to gain access to Google Search Console, follow these steps:
1. You first need to have a google email account. If you don’t have one already, create one right now.
2. Go to http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools and login with your google account.
3. Click on “Add a Property” button.
4. Add the website address of your website or a blog. Click “Confirm”.
5. You will have to verify the ownership of property. Google shows you a recommended method to verify.
6. You can also select another method from a list of Alternate methods available. Google Analytics is the easiest way to verify site ownership.
If you don’t know how to verify your website using the file upload method, HTML tag option is the best for you. Here is how you verify using HTML tag option:
- Select HTML tag option and copy your meta tag.
- Install and activate this plugin named “Add Meta Tags”. The publisher of the plugin is George Notaras.
- Go to Settings > Metadata.
- Now look for the field named “Site-wide META tags“.
- Paste your meta-tag here that you copied in the first step. Scroll down to end and click Save Changes.
- Go back to Google Webmaster Tools and click “Verify“. You are done 🙂
7. Once you have verified the site ownership, you will see the property on your webmaster tools dashboard.
You have successfully submitted your new website. You will now be able to see search analytics data for your website on your dashboard.
Most of you will not considering submitting their website on other search engines like Bing. There is no doubt that other search engines have far less users as compared to google but you can’t ignore the fact that those search engines are still getting a million search queries every year.
Submit site to Bing
You can submit site to Bing just like you submitted on Google. To signup for Bing webmaster tools, you must have a hotmail email address. If you don’t have one already, you should first get it here. Once you have a hotmail email, go to http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster and submit your URL. Once you submit your web address, Bing will ask you to verify ownership of the website just like Google. Once you have verified that website belongs to you, you will get access to Bing Webmaster Tools dashboard.
If you had any trouble submitting your site on google, do let me know in the comments section below.
Have you got answer to the question how to submit my website to google? If yes, it’s time for you to move on.
- Submit sitemap to google
- How to manually submit pages and posts to google?